Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Put a Fork in it...I found them!

Finally  found my fork and spoon artwork.....
I have had this tear out forever.  I know , I know
this fad has been around for some time.  Well,
it just made it to my kitchen...this the 24th day of May, 2011.

I have a small window area over my kitchen sink.
I have searched and searched for something to go on either side.  Can't count the number of times I have called my husband to "re" measure that area to see if what I have found would fit in the area. 
 Obviously, it doesn't take much to excite me.....


Finding the fun fork and spoon artwork today at:
The Family Dollar Store...yes, I said The Family Dollar Store!
Made me a little giddy and put the biggest smile on my face..
Perfect size and the right price.
$10.00 for the pair vs. the $217.oo per piece
in the above tearout!  Yes, those featured in the magazine
measure so much larger...but to large for my kitchen area.


Being a lover of antiquing....everything!
The new found artwork didn't seem distressed enough...
so taking my Distress Ink Pad I went to work on the edges and around the fork and spoon.


Adding just enough ink around the fork and then later the spoon.  
I think it makes a world of difference and creates the illusion
that the fork sets up higher on the canvas.


Perfect size.....Love it!!!
Next ......an awning and hanging of the new chandelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. You were so kind to stop by and leave a message.