Sunday, October 2, 2011

Just one more thing before bed!

Just before going to bed at 1:30 this morning...I was straightening up and putting away some burlap trim I had been working with......
......and before I knew it I was plugging back in the glue gun, hunting for some old shoe broaches and putting new batteries in my camera.  

 I have had this pillow for months and had found it
 on the clearance aisle at Ross. 
I love the ruching but I wasn't a big fan of the center trim on the pillow,
....however the price of $3.00 was wonderful!!!
I decided to hide the trim on the front by adding a bit of burlap, lace, velvet ribbon and a rhinestone broach "off a pair of my old sandals". 





















No sewing here, hot glue gun in hand....it was fast and easy to apply the new embellishments to the center front of the pillow.

I knew I kept the broaches from those old sandals for a good reason. 






Believe it or not I was in bed by 2:15....
Now, I only wish I had bought two of those pillows....What was I thinking!!!

Please visit these blog parties....
Boogieboard Cottageso many great ideas....












13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - and a great idea! I'm your newest follower!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bobbie that pillow is beautiful! I had to stop by to say Hi since you are always so sweet over at YBR. Thanks for stopping by!
    How come I never find 3 dollars pillows that I would actually take home with me? LOL
    I'm your newest follower......(((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are gorgeous! I love how your entire set up looks! I'm also like that with the glue gun at 1am after attempting to "head off to bed" hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The contrasting textures in this post are just so lovely. andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! tHIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
    aND LOVE THE UNIQUE COMBINATION.

    BLESSINGS
    BARBARA JEAN

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful pillow! I'm your newest follower and I'd love it if you would share this project at my link party - www.projectqueen.org

    Off to peruse through your blog and see what other goodies you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well sometimes inspiration comes late at night! LOL I love the gorgeous new pillow, and for what price?! And you say you ripped up a shoe as well?! You are my kinda girl!
    Following you,
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbie, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one working on projects at 2 in the morning. I guess creative people work whenever the ideas come! Your pillow turned out very nicely and what a good deal it was. I shop at Ross quite often and enjoy the pretty things I get for not much money. I like the additions to that already pretty pillow. ---------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thanks for joining our Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bobbie, just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring your pillow tomorrow night at www.projectqueen.org - #3 link party highlights.

    Thanks again for linking up and hope to see you linking up on Tuesday. Don't forget to grab a feature button.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giggling now..at your midnight exploits... that's bloggers for you...we keep the lights burning long after everyone has gone to bed! Your bargain pillow noe looks like Cushion Courture! very pretty...

    Veonica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. You were so kind to stop by and leave a message.