Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkins and Pearls

Pulling from all areas of the house....I finally finished decorating my mantel for fall.
 
 
Trying something different this fall...
I can't seem to get enough of the 
pearls and burlap look....

 This great piece is a little large and
literally sitting on the edge....
 mister..mister has assured me it's fine..
that is unless we have an earthquake.

and believe it or not we have several 
a month here in central Oklahoma. 

The candelabras were once black
iron and when my daughter got married..... 


I purchased every chandelier and candelabra at
I could find at our local thrift stores.  
My husband sprayed painted everyone of them white....his poor index finger...
I added pearls, beads and crystal droplets to all.
I still have them....
 
He keeps asking me what in the world am I ever going to do with 30 or so chandeliers and candelabras...it's been over two years...
hmm...not sure...but I can't bear to 
part with them!!!  


 Pumpkins and Pearls Update: Oct. 7, 2011


   The same evening after I had posted the Oct. 5th entry... our local nighty news.. reported what they said was a swarm ...and yes I said Swarm of Earthquakes in our area, their words not mine. :) 

So I went to the official earthquake website:
As you can see ....there were 5 small earthquakes....just hours after decorating my mantel......
Of course there had been a swarm...when my favorite little fairy is tittering on the mantel's edge. 
 So, I decided to take down my center pumpkin fairy....before a small tremor hit. 
Once fairy came off.....the entire mantel looked different...so off with the pearls and back to just ribbon....No earthquakes have happened since she was removed...
of course!


Please visit these blog parties....
you won't believe all the creativity!!!
Pearls and Lace Thursday












11 comments:

  1. Oh my, Bobbie. What a creative mantle. This is super beautiful and dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed my "Joy" post:) Thank you for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty job you did! And Pearls and Pumkins?? Who would of thought of such a thing??? It works beautifully!!
    I'm so honored that you linked up with me for Pearls and Lace Thursday! So glad to meet you!
    Hope you have a lovely week,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful mantel. I love the addition of pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could only smile when I read the 30 chandeliers.... I know what you mean. If I had the space I would never get rid of anything and probably pick-up everything! LOL Your combination of pearls, pumpkins and fall foliage is beautiful. I discovered you on Villabarnes and I've become your newest follower. Please drop by anytime. http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! A fall mantel mixing pumpkins and pearls. How clever!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING!!

    Love the pearls and love the figurines added among the Fall decor!! Chandy's are to die for!!
    Love the elegant look of everything!!

    Stop by if you have a chance...

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the look the pearls gave it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - I didn't know you had earthquakes in Oklahoma!! It looks beautiful before and after, although that large center Angel holding the pumpkin was simply gorgeous! I love pearls ~ so pearls and pumpkins, oh my! Beautiful!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bobbie. As you can see I am catching up on back posts and this is so gorgeous. I adore the colours and of course am thrilled to hear you have so many candelabras!! Use a different one each night in the bathroom do relax by! one for each day of the month... Perfect...and then some...

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. You were so kind to stop by and leave a message.