Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Colette Copeland Cottage



About three weeks ago I was asked by my friend
and talented artist Linda Land to attend
a workshop at the Paper Crown in Oklahoma city.
Colette Copeland was going to be teaching several
classes and we had the opportunity to join in the fun.  We would be creating cottages using antique french linen.  I was thrilled!

I met Linda a couple of years ago when
we both worked together.  She is so creative
and I have learned so much from her.  
Check out her blog...her work is amazing. 



The fabrics that Colette bought for us to
use to create our cottages was dreamy...so
hard to pick just one...French Linen...I really hated to even cut into it but she assured me she had already done so .... so it was ok. 
 She is so patient and kind in her teaching 
and has such a giving heart.
When I asked Colette what inspired her to design her cottage .... she told me she loves the little cottages by the sea....cape cod type and little English cottages.  She has traveled and lived in several places around the world...so I am sure she has seen and even stayed  in many a little cottage. 



Colette is a very special gifted lady who
we were so fortunate to have fly into 
Oklahoma to share her ideas, inspirations and creativity.  I was so excited to meet her and hope I am able to attend many more of her classes in the future.


The morning started early at the Paper Crown
and flew by while I enjoyed meeting the girls that were also attending the class.  
They were all so fun and very creative. 
Jackie who helps Cindy at the Paper Crown...she is the most energetic person I have ever met .  She made the darling name tags you see us wearing and the most delicious beautiful cookies you have ever seen.  Jackie is the class cheerleader/encourager, photographer...she wears many hats  and have you seen her blog.... take a peek here....

It was a great day at The Paper Crown.
Thank you Cindy and to those who made our special Colette Copeland Cottage Class possible!! 

A big thank you to Jackie for making the photos in this post possible.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbie it was wonderful to have you in Colette's class and to meet you! I love your creativity and we want you to come back to the PC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. You were so kind to stop by and leave a message.