Friday, June 1, 2012

Before and After : Bird Cage Shelf

 I would love to say I found this great "vintage look" bird cage shelf at a thrift store or estate sale.  But the truth is I found it at a Ross store.  But I just knew when I saw it,  I had to have it.  
So much potential.



 A little spray paint, foam board, fabric......




....... a couple of vintage book pages, 
fancy ribbon from the Paper Crown
and spindles wrapped in chenille stems. 



I was so excited to hang it in my
studio and it fit perfectly under
a wall sconce.  It now makes a wonderful open shelf for my bottles of glitter.




Okay I'm not afraid to admit it ....
I LOVE GLITTER....So much glitter.
I even bought a shelf....yes just for my glitter.
And I haven't even begun to fill it with all the bottles.








vif187
Fridays Unfolded
Joining these parties this week.
Please take a moment and visit.




French Country Cottage


In The Old Road









14 comments:

  1. Oh I just Love it!! I've been know to buy things at full price just to alter them, myself!!! It looks so pretty.
    Smiles,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Now it elevates your glitter for some extra sparkle. I love how you altered this piece with pure whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! So romantic looking. Love how you made it yours!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on the newbie party. I love the birdcage, It is so pretty you did a great job.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformation. I love everything about the new look - the color, the embellishments and now it holds glitter. Who doesn't love glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love what you did with it! And I love glitter too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling! I love your creative touches. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Can't wait to see you new studio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love birdcages and yours is gorgeous! I really like the aged edge effect on the book pages. How creative. I would love it if you would consider sharing this at our All Star Block Party. We are a group of 5 blogs sharing 1 link party. Your link would be shared on all 5 blogs.

    Shasta
    http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/2012/06/its-time-for-all-star-block-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Bobbie! I love what you have done with this adorable shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really so clever... I love it.. I came over from the ALLS STARS BLOCK PARTY and so glad I did.... this is awesome!!!! Just love it...

    Thanks for sharing...

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I love how you made this look so amazing!

    Stopped over from the Block Party and now following!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect idea! Do did a wonderful job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful idea and work! It's the perfect look for your creative space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. You were so kind to stop by and leave a message.