Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Creative Space



Welcome to 
Where I Create...


 blog...doodle...think...dream!
After several years of having my studio in
an upstairs bedroom...I now find myself moving downstairs.  This is the process of putting together my new creative space.  Enjoy!



 Before.....Taking down the parlour.
After......Still in the process ....but getting there.
We Added...Burlap walls, painted furniture and
a center counter island. 
We still need.... vintage windows and posts for entry. 
 I need to... make curtains and finish placing found treasures on top shelf.
I want to....start creating something FUN.
We covered the walls in burlap.  One wall we even covered twice.  "Long story....for another time."  We used burlap trim to hide the staples and seams.  This part of the remodel was time consuming really tested our patience...
but Randy really was a trooper and wouldn't let me give up....he did what it took to make it work. 
The towers on either side of the vintage dresser were from a old cherry wood entertainment unit found on Craigslist.  Randy painted them to match the other pieces of furniture.  I love the glass doors....you can see through to the pretty glass jars filled with colorful embellishments...it reminds me of a sweet candy counter.   
Note to self: Paint top of towers!!




Glass containers are my favorite to use.  Again..
so easy to see what supplies I have on hand.
 I bought this metal bird cage shelf at Ross.
I knew then I would be painting and jazzing it up a bit.  It now looks like a little stage for glitter!
 The black and gold antique ceiling fixture before was a wonderful $5.00 thrift store find.  Although beautiful....just a little to ornate for the new studio.  Again, calling on Mister, Mister...he helped create this  glammed up vintage lamp shade and   chandelier  to make one light fixture.  It is one of my favorite updates to the room.
This cabinet is another one of those craigslist finds.  It is a built in from an old home.  We painted it to match our  trim in the room. It fits perfectly on the east wall & has lots of storage space..my favorite part ..of course!
When we built our home.....I just insisted on having this wrap around shelf.

 So glad I did,  never dreaming I would be collecting vintage wedding cake toppers...along with anything that catches my eye. 
Funny thirteen years ago ....I thought plants would be nice along the edge.    Plants..really.....wow...what was I thinking.
P.S.  The plants never happened.

I use just about anything to store
supplies or found treasures.
This lamp is doing double duty by carrying the weight of five white paper umbrellas.  I read somewhere that Mary Engelbreit said if you think something looks to busy...make it busier.  I hope the same goes for creative clutter.






A little 
of  this and a little of that.....
and a whole lot of fun!

With my space being a bit small I count on lots of shelves, drawers, and height.  The cabinet shown is also a built in from an old home.  I found it at a small antique store near me.  It is very narrow.  But as you can see it holds lots of baskets for organizing.   It really fits just perfect on this wall. 



The vintage wedding dress is something I found at a thrift store.  It acts as a perfect screen ....hiding the not so pretty printer!

The center island is on rollers and can easily be moved about the room.  And the vintage loveseat makes perfect seating when Mister Mister comes in to see whats next on the list to do!!


A special thanks to my husband...Mister Mister...
for all his help and patience in putting together
a perfect creative space for me.

Thank you for visiting 
Where I Create.....My Creative Life Diary! 

Best Wishes,
Bobbie



26 comments:

  1. I am so totally in love with your room! If I get mine cleaned out - I need you to help me with mine. I just love every inch of what you have created in there...just love it!!! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is such a wonderful space!!! Love that shelving all around the top and all your pretties- that basket filled with loveliness- the birdcage shelf-

    I know those windows are going to be awesome when you find them!

    Hope you might come by and see my new space!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love what you did with the room. Have fun with your grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a lovely space to create in. I'm not a big fan of burlap but I just love it as a wall covering - clever! I am one of your newest followers. I have my space linked up to WBC too. Hope you come by for a visit.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Bobbie, beautiful AND fun! You are so lucky to have Mister Mister to help out!!! Your room is fantastic; love all the little treasures you have around it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress on the form..and all your organized things!! Your space is very delightful. Thanks so much for sharing I enjoyed my visit!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the dress form and all of your great organizing ideas! Love the burlap on the walls and I can only imagine how tedious it must have been to do that.
    It is a beautiful space and Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, it's beautiful! My space doesn't look anywhere so fantastic! It's just all hodge-podged in there. Would you like to come do my studio? :) And the burlap walls - gasp! wow! Great space!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful space. I love seeing all your trinkets and treasures. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful redo - you have a great space to create in. and so nice and neat! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!! The burlap walls are fantastic!!! I love the wire bird shelf redo!!!I have looked at those a hundred times but didn't quite love it - but now I am n the hunt for one! Your room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful...
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! So many things to glean ideas from. I love what you did with the bird cage. Thank for sharing your room with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go!! You have been working hard! It's a beautiful place to create! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I can tell you put a lot of and attention into creating your new studio space and it is pure bliss. Those burlap walls are fantastic! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I am in love with your studio space. I am drooling big time and I love the burlap on the walls. Thanks for the tour. Come say hi and see my space. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great space, Bobbie! I love it all. I really love your furniture finds ~ painting them all the same color makes it all flow so nicely. I've been inspired to get my butt in gear and paint the two tables in my room. You've got such great storage. I love how you transformed that birdcage shelf you got from Ross. It is so much prettier now! Thanks for sharing your creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have put a lot of work in here! What a lovely space,,,I love it when things get repurposed or used in different ways! Love all your prettys and finds!d Thanks for sharing,,,,,,

    Stop on over if youd like to see my crazy place!
    Hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely space, you've worked hard I love the makeovers and vintage finds! Thanks for Sharing! Stop over and say Hi if you like!

    Hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bobbie I am so impressed with the transformation of all your pieces! The birdcage shelf alone is fantastic!! You and hubby should be very proud. Putting burlap on the walls may not have been easy, but the results are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining the party and sharing it with everyone. I am still trying to get through everyone on the list!!! Too bad life has to go on at the same time!!! LOL!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your space!! Terrific job of making everything look like it has been there from day one. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your studio is beautiful! I love the chocolate walls with the white furniture. and the hutch from Craigs list is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, what a transformation!! This room is so beautiful it took my breath away. I love every detail and can't believe the amount of work you and Mister Mister put into it. Enjoy it, you certainly deserve it.

    Love your site as well and plan on subscribing and keeping up with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg!!! I LOVE IT ALL! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg! I LOVE IT ALL! You're so amazing, Bobbie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your new creative space...........it is so pretty I would hate to make a mess like I do in mine! Great job Bobbie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. You were so kind to stop by and leave a message.